Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Habits vs Accomplishments

I seem to be doing well on the Accomplishments.  Probably would've done better if I hadn't taken a 8 months off during my social coma or if I actually remembered this project existed.

Seems like I have to start working on the Habits portion of the "101".

There seems to me that there is a little confusion on how long it takes to make a habit part of a continuing lifestyle.  Is it 21 days or 28 days. And after that period of time how long do you continue to do it so that it's a lifestyle and not just an occasional thing.

There's 19 Habits that I want to develop.
Normally I would try to do EV-ery single one of them all at once and get completely frustrated and give up.

I don't want that to happen.

So the question now is... which one (or should I do two) should I start with?




5 Volunteer at the Capuchin Soup Kitchen 3 times (0/3)
9 Eat at home for one month, no carryout, no restaurants, na da
12 Keep track of my spending for a week
13 Create a workable budget
15 Keep up on my OaPH blog and Candlelight blog
19 Wash & Vacuum the truck once a month
34 Send out five packages for Anysolider.com
44 Compliment one stranger a week
63 Go on a bike ride two times a month during at least Memorial Day through Labor Day
64 Donate blood when I can
65 Consistently walk the dogs 3 times a week
66 Walk to work twice a month 
71 Start learning Italian - one word a day  
90 Get out of bed when my alarm goes off the first time
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home